The Street department is responsible for maintaining roadways, alleys, and right of ways within the City of Shelton. Maintenance tasks include, patching, paving, grading gravel roads and parking strips, crack sealing, chip sealing, roadside mowing, street sweeping, and pedestrian path maintenance.
Services provided by the Street department include:
- Traffic control, such as roadway striping, crosswalk painting, street signs, traffic signals
- Snow and ice removal (Click here for the Plan and Prioritiy Maps
- Flood control
- Drain cleaning
- Ditch and culvert maintenance
- Storm drainage infrastructure maintenance
- Filling potholes
- Grading alleyways
- Street sweeping & litter removal
- Christmas Tree pick up (January)
Need to talk to someone as soon as possible? In the event of an emergency, please call Public Works directly at 426-9731 to report the incident. After-hours, you can report emergency or urgent situations to (360) 426-4441. Examples of emergency or urgent situations include: serious water leaks, fallen trees in the roadway, sewage backing up into a household or business, water across the roadway or flooding buildings, hazardous material spills on the roadways, dangerous city street roadway conditions, such as sinkholes and potholes.
Question about City utilities or projects? Check out our FAQs,