Beginning Monday, June 6, 2022, the City of Shelton will be using an online, web-based Citizen Self-Service Permit Portal for the majority of City permits.
The new self-service permit portal will:
- Guide users step by step through the application process
- Manage multiple applications in one place
- Apply and manage submittals
- Schedule, view, and cancel inspections
- Submit required documents, view and print approved permits, plans, and other documents
- Have the ability to make online payments associated with a submittal
How to Create an Account
1. Visit this link or click on the blue button at the top of this page.
2. Click on the "Login or Register" button in the middle of the page.
3. Click the "Register Here" link at the bottom of the log-in screen.
4. The portal will open a "Create an Account" page. The following information is required to set up an account: email address, password, first name, and last name. Click the blue "Sign Up" button at the bottom of the page.
5. You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your account. Click the "Confirm" hyperlink at the bottom of the email.
6. Create your username and password. Required fields are noted with an asterisk. Click the blue "Next" button.
7. Enter your contact information. Required fields are noted with an asterisk. Click the blue "Next" button.
8. Enter your mailing address. Required fields are noted with an asterisk. Click the blue "Submit" button.
9. You will receive a second email from email@example.com to confirm account creation.
Click here to view account creation instructions as a PDF.