COVID-19 utility assistance
The following partner agencies are offering utility payment assistance for those homeowners or renters impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Their contact information and links are listed below:
- Community Action Council of Lewis, Mason, and Thurston Counties
- Address: 807 West Railroad Avenue
- Phone: (360) 426-9726
- Web: caclmt.org
- Crossroads Housing
- Address: 71 Sargison Loop
- Phone: (360) 427-6919
- Web: crossroads-housing.net
will pay program
The City of Shelton is now offering a Will Pay Program for homeowners who are behind on their City utility bills. The Will Pay Program allows customers to enter into a payment plan with the City for outstanding utility balances.
- To print out an application for the Will Pay Program click here: Application for City of Shelton Will Pay Program (PDF)
Low-income Discount Program
The City of Shelton has two low-income discount programs. One is for senior citizens 62 or older, and the other is for disabled citizens. The City offers a 20% discount on the utility bill to low-income seniors and disabled citizens.
- To view the City’s policy on low-income discounts click here: Utility Discount for Low-Income Senior and Disabled Citizens (PDF)
- To print out an application for the Senior Discount click here: Application for Low-Income Senior Citizens (PDF)
- To print out an application for the Disabled Discount click here: Application for Low-Income Disabled Citizens (PDF)
- The Application for a discount for low-Income disabled citizens is reviewed by the Community Action Council. Click here for information on Community Action Council of Lewis Mason and Thurston Counties www.caclmt.org
Support Our Sheltonians
SOS or Support Our Sheltonians is a program that started in 2004. The City of Shelton, with the help of Community Action Council and caring citizens, assists needy families with their city utility bill.
SOS, Support Our Sheltonians, is a great opportunity for neighbors and friends to help those less fortunate that are struggling to pay their utility bills; all donations are tax-deductible! Since the beginning of the program, 158 families have received assistance.
Please consider a contribution to this program and help our community members in need. All donated funds go directly to help low-income seniors and disabled citizens, there are no administrative charges. Please contact the City of Shelton if you have any questions about the SOS program at (360) 426-4491.