Code Enforcement officers partner with other City departments to effectively enforce housing, building, fire and life safety codes to maintain life safety standards in Shelton.
Common code enforcement issues we see include:
- Dangerous structures
- Accumulation of litter or debris
- Used, damaged, or discarded lumber, furniture, junk, or trash visible from public view
- Detrimental maintenance of property (including tall grass)
- Inoperable and/or junk vehicles parked on front, side, and rear yards
- Maintenance of property as to cause a public nuisance
- Excessive junk or debris accumulation in public view
Report a code enforcement violation
To report a City of Shelton code violation, you can file a report online or through the City's mobile app.
Please note that inaccurate or incomplete information will delay or prevent further processing of a code enforcement report. Please provide as much information as possible when reporting a potential violation. If additional information is required, a Code Enforcement officer will contact you.