Public Works

Public Works

Home  Departments  Public Works

PW Header 161121


The Public Works Department includes the Utilities and Maintenance Shop, and Engineering and Capital Project Management. The Public Works Department is responsible for maintaining the City's infrastructure, including streets, sidewalks, water service, wastewater treatment, stormwater, and public structures. The Public Works Department is proud of the varied skills and knowledge the entire team brings to the table for the benefit, health, and safety of the citizens of the City of Shelton

The Utilities and Maintenance Shop is responsible for street, sidewalk, and path maintenance; street lighting; storm, sewer and catch basin management, inspection and maintenance; brush and leaf removal; street sweeping, snow and ice removal; refuse collection and recycling; and assistance with special events in the community. The Department's facility, equipment, and personnel are based at 1000 W. Pine St., Shelton, WA 98584.

Engineering and Capital Project Management are responsible for ensuring that city construction projects are engineered and built to state construction standards, and for overseeing all City construction projects. Their personnel is located at City Hall.

Contact Public Works

The Public Works Department is available from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Thursday
Email Public Works Department

Submit a Customer Service Request (Your request will be sent to the Public Works team. They may contact you for further information or to follow up):

Note: Looking to report a broken or malfunctioning street light? Report directly to PUD 3 using their Report a Light Problem form or email

Nature of Request:
Details of Request:
First Name:
Last Name:
Daytime Phone:

Need to talk to someone ASAP? In the event of an emergency during business hours, please call Public Works directly at (360) 426-6442 to report the incident. After hours, please call MACECOM at (360) 426-4441. Examples of Public Works incidents worth reporting include (but aren’t limited to): serious water leaks, fallen trees in a roadway, sewage backing up into a household or business, water across a roadway or flooding buildings, hazardous material spills on a roadway, or dangerous street conditions (sinkholes, potholes, etc.).