The following partner agencies are offering utility payment assistance for those homeowners or renters impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Their contact information and links are listed below:
- Community Action Council of Lewis, Mason, and Thurston Counties
- Address: 807 West Railroad Avenue
- Phone: 360-426-9276
- Web: caclmt.org
The City of Shelton has two low-income discount programs. One is for senior citizens 61 or older, and the other is for disabled citizens. The City offers a 20% discount on the utility bill to low-income seniors and disabled citizens.
- To view the City policy on low-income discounts: Utility Discount for Low-Income Senior and Disabled Citizens
- Senior citizen discount application: Application for Low-Income Senior Citizens
- Disabled citizen discount application: Application for Low-Income Disabled Citizens
- This application is reviewed by the Community Action Council of Lewis, Mason, and Thurston Counties
Support Our Sheltonians
Support Our Sheltonians, or SOS, is a program that began in 2004. The City of Shelton, with the help of the Community Action Council and caring community members, can provide assistance to households that need help paying their City utility bills.
Support Our Sheltonians is a great opportunity for neighbors to assist those less fortunate that are struggling to pay their utility bills. All donations are tax-deductible!
Since the beginning of SOS, 158 families have received assistance. Please consider a contribution to this program and help our community members in need. All donated funds go directly to help low-income seniors and residents with disabilities; there are no administrative costs associated with this program. If you have any questions about Support Our Sheltonians, please contact Customer Service.
To make a donation, please complete the Support Our Sheltonians Donation Form and return it to Customer Service. Thank you!