Our mission is to provide excellent service and protection through leadership and partnership with the community. While protecting the community is at the core of what we do, we also provide a variety of non-traditional law enforcement services. Our goal is to be leaders in the community and work together with the public to make Shelton a great place to live.
What We Do
- Coordinate school resource officers for the Shelton School District
- Proactively work to solve community problems and issues
- Speak to and with community and business groups about potential issues impacting our area
- Communicate about new and ongoing federal, state, and local legislative updates impacting law enforcement
- Plan or coordinate participation in community programs such as Shop With a Cop, Trunk or Treat, Coffee With a Cop, etc.
- Maintain accreditation with the Washington State Association of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs