Municipal Court

Right to Appeal

If you do not prevail at a contested hearing, you have the right to appeal to the Superior Court of Mason County.  The Notice of Appeal must be filed within thirty (30) days of the judgment.  There will be various appeal costs, payable in advance to the Municipal Court, including a $200 Superior Court Filing Fee and a $40 Fee for the cost of preparation of the file for Appeal.  If you appeal, the Superior Court will review the record that was made at the Municipal Court.  There will not be a new trial.  The Clerk’s office will provide you with information about the appellate process.

You will find the appeal forms here.